6th Uljana Semjonova cup in basketball for girls
- Aims of the tournament:
1.1. to give an opportunity of international tournament experience for Riga’s young basketball players;
1.2. to popularize women’s basketball in Riga;
1.3. to dignify famous basketball player Uljana Semjonova.
- The tournament is organized by Sports and Youth Division of Department of Education, Culture and Sports of Riga City Council.
- The tournament takes place from 14th till 17th of September, 2017 in basketball school “Riga” sports halls “Daugavas sporta nams” and “Rīdzene”.
- Tournament takes place in two age groups:
4.1. born in 2001 and younger;
4.2. born in 2003 and younger.
- In each age group there are competing four invited teams and two teams from Riga.
- Competition is held according to FIBA rules.
- In groups teams play one round tournament.
- Game time in groups is 4 x 8 min.
- Group games are held as follows:
9.1. on 14th of September – 1 game;
9.2. on 15th of September – 2 games;
9.3. on 16th of September – 2 games.
- Finals are held on 17th of September.
- According to the results of groups, finals are held as follows:
11.1. for the 5th place – 5th and 6th place of the group;
11.2. for the 3rd place – 3rd and 4th place of the group;
11.3. for the 1st place – 1st and 2nd place of the group.
- For the win each team gets 2 points, for loss – 1 point, for breaking the competition rules or not attending the game – 0 points.
- The team that gets more points gains higher place in the group tournament.
- In case of equal number of points, the team gains higher place that:
14.1. gets more points in mutual games;
14.2. has better difference between scored and missed balls in mutual games;
14.3. has better difference between scored and missed balls in all games.
- All of the competing teams are awarded with the cups from organizers.
- 1st to 3rd place of each age group is awarded with medals (15 persons).
- Best six players of each age group are awarded with prizes.
- Participants of the tournament are awarded with commemorative prizes.